Friday, April 8, 2011

Michigan 2, North Dakota 0 - The hits just keep on coming

I have a tendency to get a bit wordy on these posts, so I will keep this one short and sweet.  Yesterday the best chance that I will probably ever have in my life to see a team I root for win anything went up in smoke. 

Kind of felt it comin with all the praise being heaped on the Sioux the past couple of weeks, definitely felt it once the game started and the team in green didn't resemble anything I'd watched over the past couple months.  Michigan's goaltender and defense needs to be given credit, but at the end of the day, the Sioux just played lousy and couldn't cash in on any of their many opportunites.  It was apparent watching two power plays in the first that the team simply didn't have it, and although the shots made it look lopsided, it was actually a fairly flat performance.

The best thing to do would be to move on and think about next season, but I believe I'll stew on this one a bit.  Perhaps a dimly lit bar and a few glasses of whiskey are in order.  Easier to shake these things off when they are unexpected.  Setting your sights on a title all season long and going into the final two games as the favorite will lead to heartbreak when you fall short.  Frankly I haven't been this depressed since the Vikings last NFC Championship loss.  Don't want to think about next year, or even sports in general right now, just want to forget what just happened.
At least one thing got clears up, the universe is not sh*tting on the state of Minnesota, but on me personally.

Wish I could take back whatever it was I did to cause this.

I'll never root for a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment